Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tacos are so good and can be made quickly. Recipe is from Redbook.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Chicken Tacos With Chili Onion Rings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup garlic lime marinade
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fire-roasted salsa verde
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup French fried onion rings
- 4 yellow taco shells
- 4 blue corn tortillas
- shredded romaine lettuce, to garnish
- In medium bowl, toss chicken with marinade, 1/2 t of the chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In medium bowl, mix mexicorn, salsa verde, onion, cilantro, and lime juice; tossing to combine.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill pan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove from grill.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, toss onion rings with the remaining 1/4 t chili powder, heat, stirring, until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Fill each taco shell with chicken, dividing evenly.
- Top each with 2 T of the corn mixture and 2 T of the onion ring mixture.
- Garnish with lettuce.