Recipe by Lorac
Stew in less than an hour! An awesome combination of flavors and spices for any occassion.
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
I made this dish as part of the pick your chef contest. Excellent choice when your in the mood for comfort food. The addition of cinnamon gave it a slightly different twist from the traditional tex-mex dish and it was very much enjoyed. The spices blended well and I served it over noodles to sop up the tasty sauce. Many thanks Lorac.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour and salt.
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan, add chicken and cook over medium high heat until browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes, transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, poblano, red pepper and garlic to saucepan and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is tender, about 8 minutes.