1/1 Photo of Tex-mex Chicken Stack
* Pamela *'s Note:
I found this recipe in the latest "What's Cooking" Magazine and I knew I would love it! There are a few modifications from the original recipe in my version here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (leftovers would work great)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favourite,plus (I like Bobbie-Q Sauce (Barbecue Sauce))
- 1/8 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (I use Taco Seasoning Blend)
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese, your favourite kind i used cheddar and montery jack (The original recipe calls for Kraft Tex Mex)
- 1/2 cup additional shredded cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Fry onions in a frying pan until tender crisp.
- 3Add rest of the ingredients for chicken mixture and simmer until heated through.
- 4Lay 1 tortilla on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 5Cover tortilla with half the chicken mixture and then half the cheese.
- 6Top with the second tortilla then repeat the chicken and cheese layers.
- 7Cover with the last tortilla.
- 8Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- 9Sprinkle green onion on top.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- 11Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-mex Chicken Stack
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 1236.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g