Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
The best tortilla soup ever. And simple to make. 30 minutes of simmering is included in time.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 4 quart soup kettle saute onion, garlic, in oil until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Top individual servings with cheese and serve with tortilla chips or strips.
Okay, that's weird. I printed this 2 days ago and there was NO chicken in the recipe. Now there is. I suppose it was modified and I'm glad because I was wondering why it's called "chicken soup" w/only chix broth! I substituted 1/2 lb. ground turkey for the missing chix, reduced zucchini to 1 large, and still had some yummy, healthy soup. I've had some awesome tort. soups in my day so can't say it was the best, but it is very good & easy. Thanks for sharing Design*Girl!