Recipe by rusted_essence
I was going to make Chicken Guisada II the other night, but I ended up with this which just hit the spot! This was oh so tasty in some HEB Southwest tortillas. For those of you who have never heard of HEB they were tortillas that had jalapeno in them. These made juicy tacos but they were worth the mess!
- 3 lbs roasting chickens
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3 ounces water
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- cilantro, and
- dried chipotle powder (to taste)
- 10 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Season to taste throughout cooking.
- boil Chicken and remmove meat from bone.
- heat oil in a large heavy skillet (med-med hi).
- chop and add veggies and cook until tender (about five minutes).
- add chicken and brown.
- add salsa (i had a dash of tostitos medium salsa left over that i threw in) and rotel including juice and fill the can a little less than half and add if the mix needs more moisture.
- simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- wrap in a tortilla and enjoy!