A very easy to prepare salad, made from ingredients readily found in most grocery stores.
Make and share this Tex Mex Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2⁄3 cup corn, about 1 ear
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, avocado, corn, onion, lettuce and red pepper.
- In a smaller bowl, combine lime juice, cumin, salsa, and sour cream. Toss the dressing with the salad. Divide among 4 plates. Sprinkle each with crushed tortillas and serve.