Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This tasty combination of chicken, tostadas, cheese and southwest sauce is feel good food for the entire family. Think of it as a Mexican take on lasagna. You can make this the day before and pop it into the oven after a long work day. We like eating this with additional tostada chips and using the cassarole as an "almost" dip.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces tostada chips (about 25-30)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup canned black olives, drained and sliced
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 (2 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream
- picante sauce, if desired
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Spray chicken with cooking spray. Bake chicken in baking pan at 375 F for 35-40 minutes until juices run clear. Cut a piece and if you see no pink or red, it's done. Cool meat, shred.
- Meanwhile spray a 14" x 8" baking pan with cooking spray. Put tostada chips in the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, add tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, Ranch Seasoning Mix, frozen corn, minced garlic and chopped chives. Mix together.
- Layer shredded chicken over chips, spoon sauce over the chicken, sprinkle cheese on top.
- Continue layering chips, chicken, sauce and cheese ending with sauce. Sprinkle bread crumbs over sauce. Add the last layer of cheese. On top, add sliced black olives.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes until cheese is melted through and sauce is bubbling. Check it after 15 minutes and if it seems too dry, add a little water and cover loosely with foil so that bread crumbs don't get too brown.
- After taking it from the oven, sprinkle with more chopped chives and chopped roma tomatoes. You may serve with sour cream and picante if you wish.