Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Only 3 WW Points! What could be better?
- 2 cups converted rice, uncooked, Uncle Ben's
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, Hunt's
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 4 ounces green chilies (diced)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- In a slow cooker mix together all ingredients except the chiles and garlic pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until the rice is tender and the chicken is white throughout; do not overcook or the rice will be mushy. Stir in the chiles and garlic pepper. Serve at once.
My husband enjoyed this recipe, but my daughters and I didn't. I thought the rice was too mushy. It also was too much rice for us. It needed a bit more spice for me.
We really enjoyed this Audrey! My daughter took it to work for her lunch 3 days in a row! LOL Followed the recipe with only 1 alteration , and that was to substitute a red pepper for the green. Oh wait , 2 alterations. I left out the green chilies , to me that says hot ... LOL ... I could really taste the tomato paste , I might cut that in half next time , but other than that , it was a great , easy meal , and one that travels well to work!! Thanks so much for sharing! :)
I really liked this. My husband didn't, but he hates chicken. I omitted the green peppers. I added a can of Rotel original tomatoes instead of the plain, a small can of green chiles and about 1 T. garlic powder. I also slow cooked it on the stove top instead of the crockpot. I added everything together, chicken, onions, tomatoes, etc., and covered over low heat for about an hour. Right before I served it, I added the cooked rice. I served it with mexican cheese and sour cream - I loved it!