Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe that was dictated to me by a friend during lunch out. Her DH and two teen aged sons love this and it is simple as pie to make, LOL. Very versitile, you can use different cheeses, cooked beef or sauteed veges instead of chicken, and any kind of salsa you like.
- 2 cups shredded chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa, your choice
- 2 pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all ingredients together except pie crusts.
- Line pie plate with first crust, deep dish is best.
- Add chicken mixture.
- Top with second pie crust. Cut slits into top crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
I love anything with the word Mex in it! This was great along with some rolls fresh out of the oven! We loved everything in it, and the crust was an added bonus!