Recipe by lazyme
From "The Only Texas Cookbook". This can be served over meats and rice sprinkled with almonds or heat corn tortillas in a dry skillet for about 15 seconds each, then place one or two on a warmed plate, spoon 1/2 cup chicken over tortilla, and cover with sauce. I'm guessing that a deli roasted chicken would save lots of time preparing this. Times include stewing the chicken.
- 1 whole chickens, cooked or 1 cooked turkey, about 4 cups
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) jar mole, sauce
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 square dark unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- slivered almonds, optional for garnish
- cooked rice (optional)
- corn tortilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stew a chicken in salted water to cover until tender (1 1/2 hours).
- Remove chicken from broth.
- Reserve broth.
- Debone and remove skin from chicken.
- Tear into pieces with a fork (don't dice with a knife).
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, warm mole sauce from jar until almost boiling.
- Add broth, stir to make a perfectly smooth sauce, then simmer 20 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, peanut butter, chocolate, and sugar.
- Cook and stir 20 minutes. Salt to taste.