1/1 Photo of Tex Mex Chicken N Rice
Chicken and rice in a zippy sauce. A complete meal ready in no time. We love this with guacamole, sour cream and fresh tortillas! A bed of shredded lettuce adds to the complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cumin and set aside.
- 2In large skillet, saute onion, garlic and jalapeno in olive until tender.
- 3Add broth, lime juice and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in rice.
- 5Place chicken over rice mixture.
- 6Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn chicken and cook 5-10 minutes longer until chicken juices run clear.
- 7Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Cover and let stand until cheese melts (approx. 5 minutes).
- 9Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Chicken N Rice
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 1025.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 38.3 g