Chicken and rice in a zippy sauce. A complete meal ready in no time. We love this with guacamole, sour cream and fresh tortillas! A bed of shredded lettuce adds to the complete meal.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cumin and set aside.
- In large skillet, saute onion, garlic and jalapeno in olive until tender.
- Add broth, lime juice and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Place chicken over rice mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn chicken and cook 5-10 minutes longer until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand until cheese melts (approx. 5 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.