Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great little snack or appetizer. These are very addictive. You can get fancy and use cookie cutters to cut shapes out of bread the add ingredients on top.
- 1 loaf French bread, thinly cut slices
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated, divided (1 cup)
- 10 ounces chicken meat (canned chunk white drained and flaked)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon southwest seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- Cut bread into 20 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices on a baking stone.
- Chop onion & bell pepper. Grate cheese. In a bowl, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, 1/2 cup of the cheese, mayonnaise, Seasoning Mix and garlic; mix well.
- Divide filling evenly among bread slices. Slice tomatoes. Place one tomato slice over filling on each bread slice. Snip parsley. In a bowl, toss remaining cheese and parsley to combine. Sprinkle over tomato slices.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.