Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and delicious! Can be varied to suit different tastes. Will freeze for multiple casseroles! I make in 2-serving sizes, for this size, recipe will make 4 dishes.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, bottled or homemade
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce (save 1/2 cup for bottom of dish)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup stuffed green olive, chopped
- In saucepan over medium heat, combine spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of Picante sauce,.
- seasoning mix, cook for 10 minutes.
- Spread ½ cup Picante sauce in bottom of deep 8 X 12” baking dish.
- Layer tortillas, chicken, sauce mix, cottage cheese, and olives, in that.
- Top with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
My family loved this casserole. Great combination of ingredients. A little something different. Thanks for posting.
Quick to put together, simple, and, with the spaghetti sauce, a little different than the typical TexMex casserole. Used corn tortillas. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Oh Caroline - this is so easy and so delicious!! Bought a BBQ chicken that I cut up. Didn't have any picante sauce, made my own with tomato sauce and some tabasco. I wasn't sure if I needed to put tortillas on top... so I did! This came out filling and quite tasty! Thanks Caroline!