Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
I got this from the Family Circle Magazine and absolutely loved it. Very easy and the amount of spice depends on the heat of the salsa you use.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup bottled medium-hot salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup instant rice
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, place flour on a plate. Place chicken in flour to coat each side, patting off excess.
- Add to skillet; saute for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Add cumin, chicken broth, vinegar, salsa, and corn. Cook about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir rice into liquid. Cover, let stand 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve with extra salsa, if desired.