Recipe by Chef mariajane
A warm and comforting meal to keep you going through the Holidays - Salsa is a great time saver in the speedy chowder.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, 30% less sodium
- 1 cup medium chunky salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, divided
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken, potatoes, half the oregano, chili powder, and cumin. Cook stirring often, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the broth and salsa. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in corn and remaining oregano and simmer about 2-3 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool 2 minutes before stirring in 3/4 cup sour and all but 1 tablespoons green onions. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with remaining sour cream and green onion. Serve with lime wedges.