Recipe by **Jubes**
Corn tortillas filled with a cheesy chicken and salsa combination, then baked in the oven with a salsa and cheese topping. Serve with a salad or shredded lettuce and sour cream. Delicious. This recipe is gluten free but if you don't require your meals to be gluten free then you can use regular tortillas and your favourite salsa.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled salsa, ensure gluten free
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 20 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 8 white corn tortillas, ensure gluten free
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the onions and butter in a frypan and using a medium heat cook until softened. Add half of the salsa, the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Warm the tortillas, either wrapped in foil and in the oven or using the microwave.
- Spread an even amount of the cheese mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Divide the chicken into 8 even portions and place on each tortilla on top of the cheese mixture.
- Roll each tortilla and place side-by-side on a greased baking tray (seam-side down).
- Spoon the remaining salsa over the top of the tortillas and then cover with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 4 as a main meal.