Recipe by Chef KB
This is a fast and easy recipe. You can adjust and change the recipe to fit your taste. You can use ground beef instead of chicken or cream of corn soup or a can of cheese soup instead of one of the ones listed. This is a fun recipe to play with.
- 1 lb chicken
- taco seasoning, packet
- 15 -20 flour tortillas, torn into pieces
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 12 ounces salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in skillet until cooked through.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces or shred.
- Add taco seasoning packet and water and cook according to packet instructions.
- In a casserole dish layer bottom with 1/3 of torn tortillas.
- Then layer chicken, salsa, 3/4 of cheddar cheese, and cream of celery soup.
- Next, layer more tortillas, chicken, salsa, 3/4 of monterey jack cheese, and cream of mushroom soup.
- Top with the rest of tortillas, salsa and cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes and serve.