Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe came from a Campbell's soup advertisement in a magazine. Tried and and even the kids ate it up, it was great. Quick to prepare then just sit back and let it cook, hardly any dishes to clean up. I've made a couple of modifications, I used canned corn, substituted basmati rice and pre-cooked my onions and peppers.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixture of red and green pepper strips, chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup shredded tex mex cheese (or Cheddar and Monterey Jack mixture)
- Mix soup, milk, rice and chili powder in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish. Spread evenly with vegetables.
- Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender - about 45 minutes. Remove cover and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly - about 3 minutes. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.