Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great way to use up leftover rice. I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home. I haven't had a chance to make it myself yet, but thought it sounded quick, simple and tasty. If you beat me to it, please let me know what you think!
- 4 cups leftover rice
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb seasoned chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa or 1 (8 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat.
- Add chicken breast cubes and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, mexi-corn, black beans and leftover rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook until melted.
With a few changes, this will be a keeper for leftovers. It needs 16 ounces of salsa and 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chili powder. I used leftover chicken and leftover brown rice. I think regular canned corn would work. I left out the cheese.
Very good but Bland, needs alot of salt and pepper, used mild salsa.
I love everything about this recipe! Chicken, black beans, corn, rice and cheese are a great combination, always!! I think this would be great filling in a tortilla. In fact, that's what I'm going to do with the leftovers! I used blackened chicken and a comination of brown and white rice. The only change I would make is to not drain all the sauce off the beans. With the thickness of the rice, the liquid of the beans might give it a little better consistency. Otherwise, this is an A+++ recipe!