Recipe by -Sylvie-
Great way to use up leftover rice. I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home. I haven't had a chance to make it myself yet, but thought it sounded quick, simple and tasty. If you beat me to it, please let me know what you think!
Top Review by ShaGun
With a few changes, this will be a keeper for leftovers. It needs 16 ounces of salsa and 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chili powder. I used leftover chicken and leftover brown rice. I think regular canned corn would work. I left out the cheese.
- 4 cups leftover rice
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 lb seasoned chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa or 1 (8 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese