Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A crock pot recipe. Serve this main dish with a green salad and refried beans.
- 1 cup converted white rice, uncooked
- 28 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients except chilies, garlic powder, and pepper in a large slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 4 - 4 1/2 hours, or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked.
- Stir in green chilies and reserved seasonings and serve.