Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Looking for a way to use up leftovers? This one will put that chicken to good use.
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 473.18 ml instant rice, cooked
- 473.18 ml salsa
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 414.03 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine all the ingredients, reserving 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Place in the casserole dish.
- Top with the reserved cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
This was good way to use up some leftover chicken,but it just wasn't spicy enough for our tastes. Maybe if this is made again,I'll add some more chili powder to "kick It up" "Keep Smiling Amy:)"
This was so easy to make. I cooked two chicken breast in the crockpot yesterday. Today I made rice in the rice cooker to use for this recipe and have on hand. Everyone enjoyed your recipe Redneck, so it will be made again and again. Thanks so much for posting it.