Recipe by Bec
A very easy hot dish to prepare. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This is a very good recipe and we really enjoyed the hint of sweetness from the corn. Due to some time restraints because of some expected circumstances, I cooked this on top of the stove instead of baking it in the oven. DD raved about it. I used chicken thighs (our favorite) instead of chicken breasts and added extra chili powder and cumin because we love the flavor. To prepare on top of the stove, I sauteed the chicken until it was golden brown along with the onions and garlic. Then added the remaining ingredients along with 1 1/2 cups of water, brought it to a boil and them simmered it covered for 5 minutes and then let it set for another 5 minutes before serving. Thanks for posting this Bec! Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces (lightly seasoned with salt)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (cooked in butter 2 minutes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin