Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken al a King with a kick. A heavy french sauce with a bit of American flair poured over chicken and tortillas. Leave out the jalapeño for less spice. Enjoy!
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 5 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 17 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- Sauté onion until tender; set aside.
- Place chicken on sheet pan and cook in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until done.
- Dice chicken and set aside.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken base and spices and cook on low heat for 4-6 minutes.
- Add milk while stirring with whisk (warm milk works better).
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Decrease heat and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, jalapeño, cheddar cheese, and parmesan to sauce.
- Tear tortillas into small bite-size pieces.
- Layer tortillas and sauce 2-3 times in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Place back in oven (uncovered) until cheese melts.
All I have to say is yummy! Oh, and it's pretty easy to make.