1/1 Photo of Tex Mex Chicken
Double or triple this if you like. It's one of the most low cal, filling, and nutrient-packed of all recipes, and freezes well. Shovel what's left over into Ziplocs, lunch containers, or freezer. Tastes even better with re-heating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Cut chicken into small chunks.
- 3Over medium high heat, sautee chicken until golden.
- 4Pour off all drippings, leave chicken in pan.
- 5Add whole container of barbecue sauce, stir, then add all the vegetables.
- 6Reheat all, stirring occasionally, adding more water if sauce too thick.
- 7Let simmer and serve in 4 ounce portions.
- 8Further note 1) : Sugar free barbecue sauce has 1/6th or less sugar of regular barbecue sauce. I got mine online at Amazon.com. Smokin' Joe Jones No Sugar and Walden Farms Calorie Free are both terrific. I sometimes further thin them with water.
- 92) Keep a Ziploc bulging with pre-cut pretty-colored peppers & squash. You do the washing and cutting all at once (ugh), but then they're ready and you just dump them inches.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex Mex Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1008.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 56.1 g