Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up one night when I had chicken breasts thawed out for dinner..I wanted someting different...so I mixed salsa, sourcream, and a can of cheddar cheese soup..with spices. It was so tasty..I served it with spanish rice, corn niblets, and corn bread. Very yummy dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot Mexican chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Mix soup, with salsa, sour cream, and spices in bowl.
- Place chicken in a 13x9in baking dish, top with cheese mixture and bake at 350*F for 45-60 minutes.
We absolutely loved this recipe. We don't normally like lots of creamy sauces but this one is a wonderful balance with the salsa. We find the soup & salsa make it salty enough so we don't put extra salt in the sauce. I took Sarah's idea and melted about 2 oz of shredded cheddar at the end of cooking. Easy to put together and oh so tasty, thanks for sharing.
I must say this was a wonderful, and easy recipe. I served it with cubed potatoes (with ranch dressing and cheese) and the potatoes were good in the flavorful chicken sauce. This was really good. I think when I make this again (and I will) I might put some cheddar cheese on top during the last five minutes of baking. Thanks for the great recipe!
I made this recipe yesterday. It was very good. I used fat-free sour cream, and it was still rich.