Recipe by Leslie O
I made this up one night when I had chicken breasts thawed out for dinner..I wanted someting different...so I mixed salsa, sourcream, and a can of cheddar cheese soup..with spices. It was so tasty..I served it with spanish rice, corn niblets, and corn bread. Very yummy dinner!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
We absolutely loved this recipe. We don't normally like lots of creamy sauces but this one is a wonderful balance with the salsa. We find the soup & salsa make it salty enough so we don't put extra salt in the sauce. I took Sarah's idea and melted about 2 oz of shredded cheddar at the end of cooking. Easy to put together and oh so tasty, thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot Mexican chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro, to taste
- salt and pepper