Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy and a little spicy! Can swap thinly sliced deli roast beef instead of frozen steaks.
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- coarse salt
- 4 multi-grain hoagie buns or 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) boxfrozen steak, for cheesesteaks thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, sliced for serving
- hot pepper sauce, for drizzling (optional)
- Mash the avocados with the lime juice and add salt to taste. Arrange the rolls open on plates and spread the avocado mix on the the roll tops.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook 3 portions of the steak over medium-high heat, seasoning lightly with the chili powder, for 1 minute. Flip the meat, sprinkle with some cheese and push off to the side of the pan. Continue adding meat, chili powder and cheese to the skillet until all the meat has been cooked and topped with cheese.
- Place a few tomato slices on each roll bottom. Divide the steak among the 4 sandwiches and sprinkle with hot pepper sauce, if using. St eh roll tops into place.