Recipe by Recipe Reader
This uses frozen cheesesteak meat, but you can easily substitute deli roast beef. It's quick and easy, from Everyday with Rachael Ray. It's a flexible recipe, and I think I will try it with grilled onions and some fajita sauce.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Awesome! I picked up shaved steak from the butcher's for these knowing by the ingredients list this would go extremely well in my household-and it did. I enjoyed the addition of the avocados, something I've never had on steak sandwiches before. Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- coarse salt
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) package Steak-ums, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the avocado with lime juice and add salt to taste.
- Spread mixture on one side of the rolls.
- Place tomato slices on the other side of the rolls.
- In a large skillet, cook the steaks over medium high heat, seasoning with the chili powder, for one minute. Flip the steaks and sprinkle with cheese. Continue until all the meat is cooked.
- Divide the meat among the four sandwiches and sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.