Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This uses frozen cheesesteak meat, but you can easily substitute deli roast beef. It's quick and easy, from Everyday with Rachael Ray. It's a flexible recipe, and I think I will try it with grilled onions and some fajita sauce.
- Mash the avocado with lime juice and add salt to taste.
- Spread mixture on one side of the rolls.
- Place tomato slices on the other side of the rolls.
- In a large skillet, cook the steaks over medium high heat, seasoning with the chili powder, for one minute. Flip the steaks and sprinkle with cheese. Continue until all the meat is cooked.
- Divide the meat among the four sandwiches and sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.
Awesome! I picked up shaved steak from the butcher's for these knowing by the ingredients list this would go extremely well in my household-and it did. I enjoyed the addition of the avocados, something I've never had on steak sandwiches before. Made for Spring PAC 09.
I made these awhile back and just found the recipe again. Will have to make them again soon. I used sliced roast beef sandwich meat just because it is what I had on hand, but they were terrific!
Absolutely terrific! I used the frozen chip steak meat just as written, and fried it with onions. This is a super tasty cheesesteak. Loved the creamy mashed avocados! I make cheesesteaks every year for the Super Bowl. These are already on my Super Bowl menu for 2008. Thanx!