Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy south of the border flavour. You can top with more salsa and cheese if desired!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup well drained chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup shredded tex-mex cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- In medium sized bowl whisk egg.
- Add salsa and seasoning.
- Mix in cheese, meat and bread crumbs.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium heat until done- about 15 minutes.
WONDERFUL! I agree definately a keeper. I used 1/2 and 1/2 turkey and low fat ground beef. Monterey and Cheddar cheese mix and garlic roasted flavored bread crumbs.
Kate, these are great! What a wonderful way to spice up plain old cheeseburgers! They are so simple to make, too. My family loves cheese, so we did add some on top. This is definitely a keeper.
Wow! Really tasty burgers. I'll be making lots of these this summer. Thanks for posting this recipe.