Recipe by Rita~
Great to bring this smoking cheese cake to parties because it's made the day before and can travel easily in the spring form pan to be plated at the party! Make copies of the recipe! ;)You'll be asked.
Top Review by CunSwim
Can't believe I have not reviewed this yet!<br/>Always a hit and perfect for any occasion. I have taken liberty's with ingredients according to what I may or may not have on hand but it always turns out GREAT!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 -4 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced and seeds removed for less heat
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (homemade or prepared)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter spring form pan, coat with tortilla crumbs--set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta and jack cheese adding seasoning mix and adobo sauce beating in with electric mixer or in a food processor.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Separate batter in half--add salsa to one half and chipotles and scallions to the other half.
- Layer in spring pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- Spread sour cream sprinkle shredded cheese and bake 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cover and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Slide knife around edge of pan and remove to serve. Place on platter and garnish with toppings.
- Scoop with tortilla chips.