1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Casserole
A wonderful answer to the family desire for slightly spicy food! Easy and quick to fix with ingredients you probably have on hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml crushed tortilla chips
- 453.59 g shredded/cubed cooked chicken
- 425.24 g can pinto beans
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans
- 425.24 g can corn, drained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml prepared salsa
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 4.92 ml garlic, from a jar or 2 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 340.19 g shredded monterey jack cheese or 340.19 g cheddar cheese (or combination of the two)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease a 13x9 baking dish Scatter crushed chips on the bottom of the prepared pan Combine the chicken, beans, corn, tomato sauce, salsa, onion, pepper, garlic, salt/pepper in a bowl.
- 3Place half the mixture on the crushed chips Cover with half the cheese Cover with the remaining chicken mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 4Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- 5Cut into 8 servings.
- 6Recipe can be successfully reduced in half and baked in an 8x8 baking dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 639.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 37.5 g