Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
Can never go wrong with Tex-Mex. My husband and I love these easy burritos. A little too spicy for our kids, but just right for adults.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped peeled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers or 2 canned jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 10 spinach tortillas or 10 plain flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 -2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a non-stick skillet, add ground beef, potatoes, onion, garlic, and jalapeno peppers.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; stir often; drain well.
- Add in beans, salt, pepper, and ground cumin (if desired) to the skillet; stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stir often.
- Spoon 1/2 cup mixture onto the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 2 generous tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll up burrito-style, enclosing filling and folding ends under.
- Place burritos seam side down in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Savory, Tangy, and Delicious! Being easy, quick, and inexpensive doesn't hurt. Being on my own I do a lot of 'fix large batches and freeze individual servings type meals'. I'm also on the proverbial fixed income so I have to watch the budget. Add to that a love of Mexican food and it's variants and this recipe becomes a precious gift. I made a double batch which yielded 20 burritos. I used home cooked Pintos, Jalapeno Jack Cheese and well drained ground Chuck.(a 5 pound family pack, 2 pounds for these and 3 for a large meatloaf) They turned out firm and moist. They weren't runny. I didn't have to eat them leaning over the sink. Not only will I eat them for the next mounth I will fix them again many times. THANX