- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 19 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa (mild medium or hot)
- 1 cup corn (kernel, frozen thawed or canned, drained)
- 2 chipotle peppers (chiles in adobo diced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups coriander (chopped fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring stock and salt to a boil. Slowly whisk in cornmeal until mixture thickens. Bring to boil.
- Take off the heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and mix until melted.
- Spread in prepared pan and cover to keep warm.
- Combine beans, salsa, corn, chipotle peppers, chili powder and cumin in a bowl. Stir in remaining cheese (1 cup) and coriander. Spread mixture over cornmeal base.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes-- until heated through and cheese is melted.