1/6 Photos of Tex-Mex Burgers Texotic-Mexotic Burgers
These were created by the Exotic Epicureans for Zaar World Tour 03. A team of 9, we each picked one ingredient from 1 region of the US our the Southwest. Making an all American Burger using these ingredients. Kumquat the Cat's friend-lime that brings freshness, JanetC-KY-pepper jack cheese or Queso blanco a creaminess and richness, Alskann-Texas sweet onion made smoky, lucid501-beef just ask any Texan, Anme-corn for sweetness and lightens the burgers, free-free-avocado a rich creaminess, acerast-refried beans for health and to help hold the burger to the chips, Midwest Maven-tortilla chips and myself-chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for heat and smokiness. We stepped out of the box and went for these cute, spicy, smoky, sweet, mini-mini burgers that we placed on tortilla chips adhered with just a tad of refried beans topped with a tad of sour cream, tomato and avocado salsa and chipotle Caramelized onions. Oh as for the burgers they are filled with cheese, corn, chipolte peppers and cumin both give a great smokiness creating this Finger Licking Treats. You can use TVP (Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP), also known as Textured Soy Protein (TSP) is a meat substitute made from defatted soy flour, a by-product of making soybean oil. It is quick to cook, high in protein, and low in fat.)in place of the beef! To rehydrate, 1 2/3 TVP add 1 1/3 cup boiling water. For the COOKING equivalent of 1 pound of hamburger meat, but equals 89 grams of protein or 12.7 protein blocks. By comparrison: 1 pound of hamburger has: 10.7 blocks in regular ground beef 11.2 block in lean ground beef 12 blocks of protein in extra lean ground beef
My Private Note
mini ap ...
Units: US | Metric
Caramelized Adobo onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 texas sweet onions, sliced (and reserve 1/8 cup for salsa below)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can of prepared chipotle peppers in adobo or make your own Chipotles En Adobo/ Chipotles Chili in Adobo Sauce)
Tomato and Avocado Salsa
- 1 tomato, diced fine
- 1 avocado, diced fine
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (divided for burgers)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (divided for burgers)
- 1 lb ground beef (vegetarians use tvp as described in the description)
- 1/3 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 -2 chipotle chilie in adobo seasoning (seeded for less heat and finely minced plus 2 tablespoon chipotle sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 5 ounces monterey jack cheese or 5 ounces queso blanco, finely diced
- 1Caramelized Adobo Onions:.
- 2Heat the oil over medium high heat.
- 3Add onions and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- 4Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- 5Add the salt and pepper to taste, sugar and adobo sauce stir well to combine.
- 6Meanwhile make Tomato and Avocado Salsa:.
- 7Add all ingredients from the salsa using 1/2 the cilantro and parsley and added the 1/8 cup finely mined onion. Chill till ready to serve.
- 8TEXotic-MEXotic BURGERS:.
- 9Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 10Mix all burger ingredients together including the remaining cilantro and parsley. Make burgers using 1 tablespoon full of meat mixture.
- 11Place on a cookie sheet pan and bake for 5-10 minutes. Don`t overcook.
- 12Meanwhile place chips on serving platter topping with just a tad of refried beans (used just to hold the mini burgers on).
- 13Remove burgers from oven and place on beans be sure to get the cheese that oozed out (go ahead sneak some for yourself ;) ), topping with a tad of sour cream, Caramelized Adobo Onions, and salsa.
- 14Enjoy these finger licking good burgers!
- 15Alternate: Yes you can make regular sized burgers just bake a bit longer till desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Burgers Texotic-Mexotic Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 277.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: