1/2 Photos of Tex-mex Burgers
I clipped this recipe out of the newspaper. Haven't tried it just yet, but thought it sounded really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2Preheat broiler or grill to medium high.
- 3Using wooden spoon, mix together the ground beef, jalapeno, 1/4 cup of the salsa and salt and pepper in large bowl until the ingredients are well combined.
- 4Form into 4 patties.
- 5Broil or grill, flipping once until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- 6Place tortillas in microwave,and cook on high for about 20 seconds.
- 7Arrange burger on warm totilla and top with avacodo slices, shredded cheese and salsa.
- 8Wrap like burrito.
- 10Mix all ingredients in small glass bowl.
- 11Can be used immediately if using for the burgers, if using as dip, let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- 12Make sure to wear protection on your hands when handling the jalapeno's!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-mex Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 29.7 g