I clipped this recipe out of the newspaper. Haven't tried it just yet, but thought it sounded really good.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium high.
- Using wooden spoon, mix together the ground beef, jalapeno, 1/4 cup of the salsa and salt and pepper in large bowl until the ingredients are well combined.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Broil or grill, flipping once until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Place tortillas in microwave,and cook on high for about 20 seconds.
- Arrange burger on warm totilla and top with avacodo slices, shredded cheese and salsa.
- Wrap like burrito.
- Mix all ingredients in small glass bowl.
- Can be used immediately if using for the burgers, if using as dip, let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Make sure to wear protection on your hands when handling the jalapeno's!
Great burger - I didn't have any avocado and used canned home made salsa, added some lettuce. Used 2 corn tortillas Mmmmm Really enjoyed Thanks for posting podapo
If you still haven't tried this one, please do not wait! It is a very good and easy dish, with very little effort. Tasted delicious and was really not too hot, although for children you might want to cut back on the jalapeno's even though the flavor of the avocado takes some of heat away. Very good salsa also, but I had to use regular tomatoes as the store was out of roma's. All in all, I would say a great recipe and will use this again! Thank you podapo! :)