Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the website AllRecipes.com, sounds good on my list to try.
Make and share this Tex-Mex Burger With Cajun Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
- During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.
These were good. A little too much seasoning in the meat I think, or maybe it was the brand. But we enjoyed them nonetheless.
Great burgers. These were a bit too spicy for my taste (of course, I'm not one for jalapenos), but the DH just loved them. He is the spice nut and was looking for a spicy burger recipe and this seem to fit the bill. We will make these again, but I think I will just use the jalapenos as a garnish on top of the burgers and not mix in with the beef so I can control the spice for me and the kids. The mayo was good too.
A little salty. I would reduce the cajun seasoning in both the mayo and burger. I love spicy but a little too spicy for me. The amount of jalapeno's is up to you. I thought my review went through before this. Sorry if it gets posted x2.