Recipe by F-16 momma
Don't let the ingredients fool you...the pepper goes very well with chocolate. Gives it a good little bite to go along with the sweet.
Top Review by Kendra*
These brownies were fabulous! I was amazed at what a big difference the ground red pepper made. It added another whole dimension to the brownies. And by the way, I used Chipotle pepper because the recipe didn't really specify what kind of pepper to use. I'll definitely be making these again. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in small heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in pepper; cool.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until light.
- Add sugar, beating well.
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour and vanilla.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm in center.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Let stand until chocolate is melted, then spread evenly over brownies.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.