Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
This a nutritious and delicious salad that is great during the summer, or to bring to a potluck. It is full of fibre and vitamins!! I found this recipe in a local grocerie store flyer and had to try it, and it turned out to be a hit that my whole family loved.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, To taste
- Tabasco sauce, To taste
- Place all ingredientgs in a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve.