Recipe by Seasoned Cook
OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS!! Incredible flavor! Quick and easy! Great fix-ahead item for busy people. Freeze, then microwave. Pretty muffin cup to serve overnight guests for breakfast!
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
I'm not going to leave any stars because in all fairness I didn't follow the recipe, exactly. I didn't have the ingredients required so subbed with what I had. Here's what I did... I used the Grand Biscuits and topped them with eggs and cheese and baked just like the recipe instructions . They were delicious prepared as the recipe instructed! Then I made a cream gravy with some leftover grilled kielbasa sausage I had and poured that over the biscuits. It was a great and easy recipe but I took so many liberties with the ingredients and cooking instructions I can't review this great recipe as posted. I TOTALLY LOVED IT THOUGH!!!
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 to a can)
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage and crumble.
- Generously spray vegetable oil on a muffin tin. Press biscuits into 5 holes to form a cup with edges extending out of top.
- Evenly divide crumbled sausage to each biscuit-formed cup. Beat egg with milk. Spoon 1 tablespoon of egg mixture over sausage. Add 1 tablespoon of salsa onto sausage. Top each with shredded cheese. To prevent any spills, place muffin tin on top of a cookie sheet pan while baking.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes or until done.
- Note: Can be easily doubled. Purchase another 10.2 oz can of 5 biscuits. (The larger size only has 8 biscuits per can.) For best results use Grands size biscuits only.