Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS!! Incredible flavor! Quick and easy! Great fix-ahead item for busy people. Freeze, then microwave. Pretty muffin cup to serve overnight guests for breakfast!
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 to a can)
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fry sausage and crumble.
- Generously spray vegetable oil on a muffin tin. Press biscuits into 5 holes to form a cup with edges extending out of top.
- Evenly divide crumbled sausage to each biscuit-formed cup. Beat egg with milk. Spoon 1 tablespoon of egg mixture over sausage. Add 1 tablespoon of salsa onto sausage. Top each with shredded cheese. To prevent any spills, place muffin tin on top of a cookie sheet pan while baking.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 17 minutes or until done.
- Note: Can be easily doubled. Purchase another 10.2 oz can of 5 biscuits. (The larger size only has 8 biscuits per can.) For best results use Grands size biscuits only.
I'm not going to leave any stars because in all fairness I didn't follow the recipe, exactly. I didn't have the ingredients required so subbed with what I had. Here's what I did... I used the Grand Biscuits and topped them with eggs and cheese and baked just like the recipe instructions . They were delicious prepared as the recipe instructed! Then I made a cream gravy with some leftover grilled kielbasa sausage I had and poured that over the biscuits. It was a great and easy recipe but I took so many liberties with the ingredients and cooking instructions I can't review this great recipe as posted. I TOTALLY LOVED IT THOUGH!!!
I found these a little lack luster. Cooking time off as well. Need extra time. With some tweaking could possibly be better.