Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From BHG The New Diabetic Cookbook. Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat. 235 calories, 6 g fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 33 g carb, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein
- 1 1⁄2 cups loose-pack diced frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 -2 canned jalapeno pepper, drained, seeded, and chopped (can use mild whole green chile peppers)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) prepared pizza crust (Boboli)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet that has been sprayed witn nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add in the potatoes, green onions, peppers, cumin, and garlic.
- Stir/saute for about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl, combine the egg beaters, milk, amd cilantro; add to the skillet.
- Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge.
- Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Continue cooking and folding until egg is cooked through, but still glossy and moist.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Place bread shell on a 12-inch pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the shell.
- Top with egg mixture, tomato, and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Season as needed with salt, pepper, hot sauce.
- Cut into wedges and serve.