1/1 Photo of Tex-Mex Breakfast Hash and Eggs
Here's a nice change of pace for breakfast, you control the heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (see Chorizo)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed or diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, your heat preference
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 -8 eggs, cooked to your preference (poached, sunnyside up, scrambled)
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- 1In a large skilled cook the chorizo over medium heat until browned and done.
- 2Drain reserving 3 T.
- 3drippings, setting sausage aside.
- 4Return drippings to the pan and over medium heat saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- 5Add the chiles and stir well.
- 6Add the potatoes, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 7Add the tomatoes to heat through.
- 8Spoon onto plates, top with eggs and offer salsa at the table.
- 9Garnish with chopped cilantro and cheese if you wish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Breakfast Hash and Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.1
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 311.2 mg
- Sodium 1520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 39.0 g