Recipe by Dib's
Here's a nice change of pace for breakfast, you control the heat!
Top Review by Luvfood
We loved this great addition to the brunch table!! Cut down the sausage to 3/4 lb, increased to 2 garlic cloves and made my own hashbrown potatoes using 2 lbs of new baby potatoes. If boiled and chopped the night before there is no extra rush in the morning.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (see Chorizo)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed or diced
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies, your heat preference
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 -8 eggs, cooked to your preference (poached, sunnyside up, scrambled)
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skilled cook the chorizo over medium heat until browned and done.
- Drain reserving 3 T.
- drippings, setting sausage aside.
- Return drippings to the pan and over medium heat saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chiles and stir well.
- Add the potatoes, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tomatoes to heat through.
- Spoon onto plates, top with eggs and offer salsa at the table.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and cheese if you wish.