Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's a nice change of pace for breakfast, you control the heat!
- 1 lb chorizo sausage (see Chorizo)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed or diced
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies, your heat preference
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 -8 eggs, cooked to your preference (poached, sunnyside up, scrambled)
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese
- In a large skilled cook the chorizo over medium heat until browned and done.
- Drain reserving 3 T.
- drippings, setting sausage aside.
- Return drippings to the pan and over medium heat saute the onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chiles and stir well.
- Add the potatoes, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tomatoes to heat through.
- Spoon onto plates, top with eggs and offer salsa at the table.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and cheese if you wish.
We loved this great addition to the brunch table!! Cut down the sausage to 3/4 lb, increased to 2 garlic cloves and made my own hashbrown potatoes using 2 lbs of new baby potatoes. If boiled and chopped the night before there is no extra rush in the morning.
easy to make, had no green chillis so used red ones. everyone enjoyed it.
a delicious recipe to accompany a chilie rubbed tri-tip and cabbbage- black bean-and-corn slaw.<br/><br/>i only used half a pound of chorizo, held off on the salsa and added an extra tomato. dumped in some cummin and chili powder and laid a fried egg over the top once on the plate. savory and filling!