Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love things with a southwest flare and am always looking for recipes that have that kind of flavor! Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 cups white bread, cut in cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup picante sauce (or chunky salsa)
- Cook sausage until browned, pour off fat.
- Arrange: sausage in 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with bread cubes and cheese.
- Mix picante sauce, eggs and milk and pour over all.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Uncover. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa or picante sauce.