Recipe by Bogey'sMom
This is nice for a brunch or a really heavy breakfast. I serve it with oj, home fries, bacon and biscuits when I have big appetites to satisfy.
Top Review by Mille®
Since there are just two of us, I cut the recipe in half. I used homemade salsa (sodium-free), Diana Neal's refried beans (no self-respecting refrigerator should be without them), and I gave the dish a kick in the pants with a tablespoon of diced chiles. In addition to the cheese, I sprinkled some crushed tostadas on top to add a little crunch. Very nice recipe, Kim.
- 2 hot smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet, brown the sausages.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the browned sausage, salt and pepper the eggs, and cover.
- Turn heat to low and let slowly cook until the eggs are set.
- Break the can of refried beans into small chunks and place around on top of set eggs.
- Cover and let heat up for about 3 minutes.
- With a spatula, spread the refried beans over the eggs until even (they're difficult to spread if you don't warm them first).
- Mix together the dressing and salsa and pour over the refried beans.
- Sprinkle cheese over all and put in the oven on 375 until the cheese melts.