Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this online from Cooking Monday to Friday. Sounds good.
Make and share this Tex Mex BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices turkey bacon, crisply fried
- 6 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, roughly chopped
- lettuce leaf, washed
- Mix the mayonnaise with pinch of chile powder and chopped fresh jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Spread each side with mayonnaise.
- Pile on bacon, tomato, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lettuce and top with other slice of toast.
I was craving a BLT and found this wonderful Tex Mex version and had to try it. I used regular bacon and Texas toast. I loved the avocado in this. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
This is summer perfect in every way. I cooked the turkey bacon in the microwave so no heat in the kitchen at all. After that it's just a bit of slicing and you have a delicious and tummy filling dinner sandwich. I used jalapeno focaccia bread and, oh my, was it good. Also I used 2 slices of the bacon, low fat mayo and it all came together like a small slice of heaven.
Absolutely delicious BLT! This sandwich is really filling and we loved the variety of tastes; especially the avocado. Will definitely be making this BLT alot this summer as we just loved it. Thanks for posting this great recipe. Made for the Newest Zaar tag, June, 2012.