Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this online from Cooking Monday to Friday. Sounds good.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices turkey bacon, crisply fried
- 6 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, roughly chopped
- lettuce leaf, washed
- Mix the mayonnaise with pinch of chile powder and chopped fresh jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Spread each side with mayonnaise.
- Pile on bacon, tomato, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lettuce and top with other slice of toast.
Used more avocado and chili powder, and this came out great. We really like traditional BLTs, but I think the avocado made this even better.
Loved the Tex-Mex flavor of this BLT! The chili powder and jalapeno in the mayonnaise were subtle but added a nice little zing. I'm a cilantro lover, so that addition to the sandwich was a welcome surprise. I served this on a sourdough french roll because that is what I had on hand. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. **Made for 2015 Culinary Quest (Tex-Mex) for Munching Minions
I love a classic BLT but I also love different takes on BLT, too! For this recipe I prepared as written except I substituted corn tortilla shells in place of bread (it's Taco Tuesday today!) Served for a simple meal accompanied by leftover cole slaw and fresh fruit: watermelon, grapefruit and blackberries. Made for CQ 2015.