Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this online from Cooking Monday to Friday. Sounds good.
Make and share this Tex Mex BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices turkey bacon, crisply fried
- 6 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, roughly chopped
- lettuce leaf, washed
- Mix the mayonnaise with pinch of chile powder and chopped fresh jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Spread each side with mayonnaise.
- Pile on bacon, tomato, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lettuce and top with other slice of toast.
Loved the Tex-Mex flavor of this BLT! The chili powder and jalapeno in the mayonnaise were subtle but added a nice little zing. I'm a cilantro lover, so that addition to the sandwich was a welcome surprise. I served this on a sourdough french roll because that is what I had on hand. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. **Made for 2015 Culinary Quest (Tex-Mex) for Munching Minions
I love a classic BLT but I also love different takes on BLT, too! For this recipe I prepared as written except I substituted corn tortilla shells in place of bread (it's Taco Tuesday today!) Served for a simple meal accompanied by leftover cole slaw and fresh fruit: watermelon, grapefruit and blackberries. Made for CQ 2015.
Loved the extra heat. The avocados were a little odd on a classic. I used real bacon.