Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this online from Cooking Monday to Friday. Sounds good.
Make and share this Tex Mex BLT recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch fresh jalapeno, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices turkey bacon, crisply fried
- 6 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 slice avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, roughly chopped
- lettuce leaf, washed
- Mix the mayonnaise with pinch of chile powder and chopped fresh jalapeno pepper and set aside.
- Toast the bread lightly.
- Spread each side with mayonnaise.
- Pile on bacon, tomato, avocado, cilantro sprigs and lettuce and top with other slice of toast.
I love a classic BLT but I also love different takes on BLT, too! For this recipe I prepared as written except I substituted corn tortilla shells in place of bread (it's Taco Tuesday today!) Served for a simple meal accompanied by leftover cole slaw and fresh fruit: watermelon, grapefruit and blackberries. Made for CQ 2015.
Loved the extra heat. The avocados were a little odd on a classic. I used real bacon.
Made these for hubby and I for dinner tonight. I had the grill/smoker going for a brisket we are serving this weekend, so I just put the bacon on there until it was crispy. Toasted some sour dough bread on the grill, as well (I don't care for wheat and never have any here). Also made some corn on the cob to have with the sandwiches. Made them as directed. I tried one bite with the cilantro, and had to remove it, so did hubby. We don't care for that either, but wanted to try it as written. Otherwise, they were quite yummy, although I think I will skip the jalapeno's next time. The chili powder would have been zippy enough for us. Made for CQ 2015 for LBOB's