Recipe by TheMidnightBaker
A true piece of Recipe*zaar evolution. This is inspired by #114588 by Bergy who was inspired by #1065907 by Julie Leo. It is a great, easily put together one-pot dinner. Can be a 100% vegetarian dish. Oh and it is yummy, too!
Top Review by Vyxie's Kitchen
This was good, but unbalanced. Both my husband and I agreed that it had way too much meat for the amount of beans. That being said, my son really liked it. Everything in it was stuff that he liked. Beans, saushie (sausage) salsa. I used homemade hot salsa which was quite thick, 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce (one of them was Mexican hot tomato sauce) and topped it with cheese, just because it sounded like it would be good. Served it with brown rice on the side. Next time, I would either cut back on the meat, or add more beans. This would also be good with some corn in it.
- 1 (30 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa (homemade or purchased)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, sliced or 1 lb meat, substitute sliced