Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Add some pizazz to traditional soft tacos by including corn kernels and black beans in the filling. The mixure also works well in crunchy corn taco shells. GOOD TO KNOW: Add whole-grain rice to the black beans for a complete source of protein. You can also serve it with fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, salsa, and fat-free sour cream for an extra kick.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -3 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 10 (8 inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, garlic and beef; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble beef. Stir in corn and next 6 ingredients (corn through chiles). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture into each tortilla.