Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a wonderful creation I made today. I could not find a Mexican style pot roast that included the ingredients I had on hand, so I threw together what I hoped were spices that blended well. Boy, did they ever! I served this with vegetarian refried beans sprinkled with a shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- 3 lbs beef roast (chuck, top round, etc.)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel original diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (or any canned tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn niblets, vacuum packed, undrained
- flour tortilla (optional)
- Place beef roast in 6 qt crock pot.
- Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, all seasonings and water.
- Set crock pot on high for 6 hours (if thawed) to 7 hours (when frozen).
- Add corn niblets and allow to heat for 5 minutes.
- Find and discard both bay leaves. Use a slotted spoon to drain liquid and serve. Can be eaten in flour tortillas if completely drained.
- Serves 10 4-ounce servings of meat.
What can I say? This recipe is wonderful. I enjoyed it so much; I made several copies and took them to work. Great job. This one I rave about.