Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This gets lots of compliments when I take it to a potluck dinner. Every one wants the recipe.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans with molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In oven proof large pan, brown beef, onions,and celery until beef is done.
- Dissolve boullion in water; stir into beef.
- Stir in next 7 ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 375* for 60 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Stir, top with bacon.
Wonderful! I browned the beef and celery and onion and then thew everything together in the crockpot and cooked on low for 5 hours! Brought this to work for our "picnic in the parking lot" yesterday. Our regular guests (truck drivers) raved about it! I gave out the recipe to 5 people! This is the best version of this popular "potluck" recipe I've ever tasted! Keep posting Inez!
THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE 5 STARS!!! Outstanding! I made this for a church dinner, the pot was cleaned up in no time. I used the deep cast iron fryer, it made it easier to go from stove top to oven, then kept the meal hot longer at the dinner. The only thing I changes was I didn't have bacon. It has already been requested for the next get together. lol. Thanks!
This is my go-to recipe for potlucks. It is quite forgiving and I often use less hamburger and more beans. I also make it and let it warm and simmer in the crockpot. It has great flavor and is satisfying and flavorful.